Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Mom I just can't can't believe it"

I cannot believe my good luck! I attended a twitter food allergy party(more on twitter and food allergy support later) and won the grand prize from Divvies Bakery! Divvies is a peanut, tree nut, milk, and egg free bakery.  You must check out their website and take a look at http://www.divvies.com/



As most food allergy parents know, finding any kind of sweets that are safe for our kids is next to impossible. Hannah does not even look at candy in the store or even ask about it because she knows that none of it is safe for her. That being said, you can imagine her extreme excitement when she saw this smorg full of yummy goodies! I let her open it and the first thing out of her mouth was "can you see if its safe?" I told her ALL of it was safe and it was for her. She just looked at me like I was kidding and said "mom I just can't believe it! And its all safe?? I can eat it?? Its like Christmas!"

                                                              


I have never heard of Divvies until recently and I had never ordered anything from there before either. I had heard wonderful reviews online from my food allergy tweeps and was super excited to win the grand prize of the Divvies Smorg. I was super impressed by the shipping time first off.  I got the message that I won the prize on Monday morning, and got the shipment on Wednesday!  WOW!!

Divvies was created by Lori and Mark Sandler. Their son Benjamin has food allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, milk, and eggs. Like any child, Benjamin wanted to eat the same things as his friends and not stick out. The Sandlers put their heads together and came up with tasty snacks that are enjoyed by all--food allergies or not.

The recipes started from Lori's kitchen as she tried different combinations to make the snacks safe for kids with allergies yet just as tasty(more so in my opinion) then the other cookies at the store.

Divvies has outgrown Lor's kitchen and now has its own dedicated facility where no peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or milk enter the doors. Divvies candies, frosting, and sprinkles are certified by their manufacturers to be peanut-, tree nut-, milk-, and egg-free and are packaged in Divvies Bakery. Divvies conducts routine testing to minimize the risk of any cross-contamination in their certified allergen-free ingredients.

We haven't been able to to try all the goodies that came in the Divvies Smorg but I tried the BingGo Benjamint crunch bar and LOVE IT!!!!!!  I am a huge fan of peppermint anyways so anytime I can combine peppermint and chocolate, I am all for it!!

More importantly, Hannah was totally excited when she saw all the SAFE goodies!! She could not believe that all of it was safe for her to eat. For a child who has never had a candy bar--it was a HUGE deal. She was totally excited and wanted to try a bite of everything!!!

Thank you Divvies for your awesome products--you made my Hannah's day and we will certainly be ordering from you in the future! I can't wait to tell all my friends about your tasty product!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen ~ I am thrilled that you have discovered us in a most fun way! The photos of Hannah are precious...I'd love for you to post 1 on our Divvies facebook album. I can't wait to tell Benjamin how much you enjoyed the Benjamin Crunch Bar! Have a wonderful day, Lori, www.divvies.com

HannahsMomma said...

Thank you Lori and Mark!!
I will post a picture when I get a chance later on tonight :) I am so excited to try out the popcorn later on tonight with Hannah! Thanks for everything and I hope to talk to you again soon :)

Donica Haraburda said...

Love love love Divvies! Benjamint bars are awesome. Glad your little one is enjoying treats despite food allergy! :-)

HannahsMomma said...

Donica--

Thanks for visiting my blog :) I am working on a GREAT giveaway that I will be blogging about tonight--make sure you follow this blog and you might win :)

Divvies is definately good! What food allergies do you deal with in your house?