Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter (safe) Fun part 1

I love Easter--it's the time of year that always amazes me. It's amazing what Jesus did for me...and for you. So yes I love Easter!

But on the flip side of that, I am scared of Easter. It just around Easter that Hannah had her first reaction around 4 years ago. That always weighs on the back of my mind. But I don't want her to focus on that and "ruin" the holiday. I want her to have a happy and safe holiday. So I try not to let my anxiety show.

We have two Easter celebrations that we attend every year. Our church has a yearly Easter celebration that includes an egg hunt, games, and of course the Easter Bunny that is open to the public. Of course there are cupcakes, cake walk, chocolate, and candy galore. But there is more...there is understanding and love for those with food allergies.





When we walked in the door, this sign greeted us. I can't tell you how excited Hannah was. Of course, I had a ziplock bag of candy in my purse but its not the same when you are 6 years old.




Hannah was so excited to find the nut free candy--and picked out what she was comfortable with(tootsie rolls, dots)

At each game--there was a bucket with peanut free candy as well. But many of the prizes of the games, were NOT food. It was great!

An event where we felt pretty comfortable and everyone had a great time.

Enjoy the pictures--I hope to get Easter part 2 up by Friday!!









Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: