Friday, April 2, 2010

Have a Happy Easter!

Its really hard to believe Easter is nearly here! I finally have stuff for Hannah's basket--just need to put it all together.



Also, I rechecked all the expiration dates on her Epi Pens this week. We keep 2 pens with Hannah at all times. One reason is in case the first one misfires/doesn't work for some reason and another reason is that one single dose of epinephrine may not be enough for her anapylaxis.

I also added some benadryl to her "emergency pack". The cool kind(read:easy) of benadryl that comes in a pre filled spoon! Its called Children's Benadryl Perfect Measure. See their website below for specifics.

http://tinyurl.com/y9o4thj

Obviously since its prefilled, you will need to check with your allergist or physician about the dosing before adding it to your kit.  IF you are able to use it--it makes things a lot simpler AND less messy. Much easier than carrying around a full bottle plus syringe for administering.

Holidays that seem to revolve around candy/chocolate(it seems like they ALL do now) are always stressful to me. I just tell myself to take a deep breath and try to enjoy the holiday. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter!



Hannah's First Easter--she was totally done with the picture taking at that point :)


This pic still cracks me up--that "mom you better be done taking pictures" look on her face!

















3 comments:

Unknown said...

My son is 12. This is the first year I haven't made him an Easter basket...JOY! LOL

Jessi said...

Look how tiny she was!! Ahh, why do they grow so fast!

Mom with a Mission said...

Thanks so much for your Easter wishes on my blog. Just checking out yours. Hope you guys had a nice Easter.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Mom with a Mission
www.peanutclinicaltrial.blogspot.com