Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Enjoy Life Seed and Fruit Mix

I am SO excited that I have another Enjoy Life product to review. A huge thank you goes out to Alina at Enjoy Life for sending us some samples to try.

A bit of background on Enjoy Life though before we jump into the actual product review. Enjoy Life products are a huge deal in our house and you can bet if we are to take cookies somewhere that we will grab the Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles!

Why? For us its because they are made in a peanut free facility. That is a great peace of mind because Hannah has a life threatening peanut allergy. Enjoy Life is more than a "peanut-free" product though. All Enjoy Life products are made in facilities that are totally free of the top 8 allergens. Added to that all but 2 product(Crunchy Rice and Crunchy Flax cereals) are manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility. Crunchy Rice and Crunchy Flax cereals are actually made in a certified gluten-free facility. They are certified by an outside company the Gluten Free Certification Organization.



Enjoy Life Seed and Fruit mix--Beach Bash
Enjoy Life Seed and Fruit mix--
Mountain mambo


Enjoy Life has changed their packaging on the Seed and Fruit mixes. Personally I like the change. It looks more stream-lined.

 The Beach bash contains Sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, along with dried fruits(apricots, pineapple, and cranberries.) I did enjoy this mix mainly because of the fruit. I took it to work with me several times for a snack and even shared with co-workers. Hannah wasn't a huge fan of the seeds but did eat all the dried fruit out of the bag. I wish it would have had more dried fruit then seeds for her sake but I greatly enjoyed the combination. She would love just a dried fruits variation :)

The Mountain Mambo would be my favorite if I had to choose. It has the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries like the Beach Bash. In addition, the Mountain mambo has raisins, dried apples, chocolate chips. You can not go wrong with raisins and chocolate in my opinion. This is a great snack to keep in your purse or bag. I actually received a trial-size sample at our FAAN walk this year and it was the absolute perfect size to toss in my purse. Hopefully they will sell packs of those trial-sized for the general public soon.

These products are yet ANOTHER win for Enjoy Life. It is truly a peace of mind to pick up a box of cookies, or candy bar, or chewy bars(etc) and know without a doubt that they are safe for my daughter to eat. She knows too! She sees the Enjoy Life logo and gets all excited.

             

No comments: